
We had a good 4th of July weekend. On Friday night we went over to some friends house (the Ventura's) in Anaheim Hills for dinner which was more like a party. There were six families there, 12 young kids as well as some young teenager (neighbor) kids. We had BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs. The kids played outside and they even had a pinata. We all had a great time and the kids had a blast. I did forget my camera that night so I didn't take pictures but I'm sure someone else will post about it.
On Saturday we went to my grandma's house and ate BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs again and the kids played with water balloons, water guns and had a great time getting everyone wet. Later in the evening we did fireworks that Bryan picked up. We played with our fireworks and watched the neighbors as well. They had some really cool ones (illegal, of course) but we all had fun. We got home really late that night so the kids went right to bed.
On Sunday morning I had the kids take a shower. As Blake was going to get in the shower I noticed he had red bumps on his stomach. I thought he got bit by mosquito's, but then noticed they weren't on his arms or legs. I then thought maybe a bug got in his pajama shirt and bit him. The rest of the day we assumed he just got bit by a bug, since they looked like little spider bites. We went to church and Blake went to a birthday party that afternoon. It didn't hit me until Sunday evening that maybe it could be chicken pox (a mild form, since he already had the vaccine). I decided to count the bumps and he had 24 total. They were on his stomach, a couple on his bottom, and a couple on his upper thigh area. He never had fever, they didn't itch or hurt at all and he didn't even notice them. I think he could have had some on Saturday or even Friday and I never knew they were there (since he does dress himself without help.)
On Monday I decided to take him to the doctor and he said they kind of looked like they could be bug bites, but because of where they were located, most likely they were chicken pox. He said chicken pox now a days is hard to diagnose because all kids usually have the vaccine and they look different than the regular blistered type. All Blake had in his was a tiny white dot. I was actually happy that he had such a mild case because now hopefully he built up some immunity to it and won't get it later in life. If kids get chicken pox, these are the best ones to get (no symptoms, but bumps.) Today they look better and he never got anymore than 24. So anyone that was around Blake this weekend or even last Thursday or Friday has been exposed. Sorry, he's fine now and the doctor said it's very slim that somebody with the vaccine would get it. If they do, it won't be bad and they should be fine.
There is a lot of stuff that is going on this month so I should be posting more regularly. Here are some pictures of the 4th and one of Blake's chicken pox.
Filling water balloons
My Grandma and Grandpa.

















No comments:
Post a Comment