
I think this is the longest I've gone between posts. Sorry! So what has happened since February? Well, baseball has begun and is in full swing. Blake is having a blast and is pretty much playing catcher the entire game. He takes that position very seriously and does a great job at it! Bryan is helping coach this year which is good. He's always there for the practices and the games so he might as well help out.
Blake also had a cool field trip at Clark Park in Fullerton where they looked for fossils. It was pretty cool. I went with them and this was the second time I've been to this park. I LOVE this park! It is so pretty, big, cool playgrounds and a big lake you can fish in. We were told that this area was covered with water at some time and there are many, many fossils located around the park. We went across the street to a big hilly area and looked around. The kids found shell, sand dollar and other types of fossils. It was pretty interesting. There was also cactus around and the kids were warned to be careful around it, but of course something had to happen and a little girl fell backwards into a cactus. She had the quills (or whatever their called) stuck in her back. The teacher pulled out about a half dozen of them but there were 3 that weren't budging. They had to call her mom to pick her up and take her to the doctor's. Poor thing, it was just like something you would see in a movie.

On Friday night, Blake had his Pinewood Derby for his cub scouts. Last year he came in second and this year he came in first place. He was so happy. (Daddy and Blake did an excellent job making the car.) The car will get to go into the museum in Fullerton and he gets to have his name put on the pinewood derby trophy.

As for Miss Amanda, she's been busy with school, play dates with her friends, daisy's, birthday parties and her big thing a couple weeks ago was her talent show. Amanda got to be in the talent show at school. She was the opening act and she sung "Somewhere over the Rainbow" a capella all by herself. She looked like such a little thing up there on that big stage. There were probably about 300-400 people there. She did such a good job. If I could figure out how to get her performance saved onto my computer I will post it on my blog. She was the only Kindergartner that performed. We were all so proud of her. I never thought she would actually go through with it all but she did.

As for Lauren, she just tags along for the ride. She loves to be with her brother and sister and is always wanting to know where we're going or what we will be doing for the day. She is pretty easy going and loves to follow her sister around and she thinks she can do everything she does. Lauren got sick with a slight cold the beginning of March but seemed to get over it quickly. There is no time to be sick in our house. Thankfully, everyone is still well. Blake and Amanda still haven't missed a day of school yet this year. Don't worry, those of you who have sick little kids constantly, it does get better. My kids were constantly sick when they were younger and I thought it would never end. They build up their immune systems so by the time their in elementary school they will be pretty healthy. And sleep actually does wonders!!! Amanda still takes naps almost everyday and she just turned 6 in February. I'm sure that will be ending soon, but as for now she still needs about an hour to an hour and a half nap a day.

Last but not least, we got a new dog. His name is Max and he is the best dog in the whole world. We got him on Tuesday from an animal shelter in Downey. He's a mix of Golden Retriever and we don't know what else. Maybe collie (based on his nose) or German Shepherd or a mix of all three. We were told he was between 1-2 years old but when I picked him up, the vet put his age at 7 months. I was a little nervous at first because I didn't want a puppy again, but he is actually a great dog. Bryan even loves him and he's not a dog person. He is great with the kids, loves people, is very submissive and loves to have his belly scratched. We are still waiting to see what his flaws are yet but as for now he is perfect.















1 comment:
Max is so cute! What a sweet dog he is, you're lucky!
Post a Comment