Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Big Girl Lauren!

Lauren finally decided she was ready to go and hug one of the Disneyland characters. Blake and Amanda were never scared the of characters and I could always get their pictures taken with them with no problem. They would even go off with them if I would let them, but Lauren, no way! She has had nothing to do with them until now. She convinced herself at home that she was going to go and give Minnie Mouse a big hug. So we went to Disneyland last night and when we came in guess who we saw right away...Minnie Mouse (dressed in her Halloween costume). Lauren was excited to see her, but I don't think she cared for her costume. I asked her if she wanted to go give her a hug and she said yes. I could see the nervousness in her face but she didn't back out, which is what she has always done in the past. When it was her turn she went up and gave Minnie a hug and she stood by her so I could get a picture. That was a big accomplishment for her. Of course we all made a big deal and she said she wanted to see Goofy next, but he was no where around. We went over to Woody's Roundup where there was a little singing show going on and Woody and Jessie were there. Lauren had no interest in seeing Woody, but decided after about 10 minutes and with Amanda's help that Jessie would be o.k. to see. She gave her an even bigger hug and sat for another picture. Hopefully our scare of characters is over and she can enjoy seeing them when we go to Disneyland.

Lauren is also fully potty trained! It has been about 2 weeks now and it was so easy to do. She was beyond ready. I just wasn't ready this summer to do it. But she got it in about 2 days and now she's a big 2 year old! Yea Lauren!


No comments: